Victoria Park in Kew is a triangular shaped park bounded by Boroondara Cemetery on the west, High street on its north, Adeney Avenue on east and Parkhill Road on south. The Park is crown land managed by the City of Boroondara and has provisions for both sporting and recreational uses. It is situated predominantly on residential area, which provides ample off-street parking places for the visitors. Shopping strips Harp Village and Kew Junction are at walking distance.
The park is home to around 80 species of trees, both native and exotic, with significant population of River Red Gums.
Location: 450-500 High Street, Kew VIC 3101
Facilities at the Park
2 x Children’s Playground, 2x Football grounds, Tennis courts, Water tap, shelter with tables, BBQ, unshaded tables and seats, Dog Off-lead areas
Sporting Clubs Operating from the park
Victoria Park Croquet Club: The Clubhouse is available for hire for a limited number of celebratory functions or corporate bonding events. It has BYO license for functions
Victoria Park Tennis Club: The club offers coaching and competitions for all ages.
Kew Junior Cricket Club
Kew Cricket Club: http://kew.vic.cricket.com.au/
Kew Tennis Club: https://www.tennis.com.au/kewtc/
Kew Football Club: http://www.kewfc.com
Public Transport: Tram No 48 from Collins Street – stop 38 for Victoria Park
Contact Info for Boroondara Council
Phone: 9278 4444
Victoria Park was set aside as a public reserve in 1871. The park has tennis, Cricket and Football grounds in use since the 1880’s. The gates of the Kew Asylum were relocated to Victoria Park’s High Street entrance in the 1930s or 1940s.