Port Melbourne Lighthouses were built in 1924 and mark the centre of the Port Melbourne Channel. The two lights are situated between Princes pier and Station Pier, the rear light is 600m inland and the front light 500m offshore. The wooden bridge that connected the front light to inland has been removed after it fell to disrepair.
The 16m tall front lighthouse which is a wooden framed lighthouse, is built on wooden piles. The 26m tall rear light is at the Beacon Cove housing estate. The rear light is still in operation.
Location: Beacon Vista, Port Melbourne