The Old Court House at Heidelberg now serves as the Museum of Heidelberg Historical Society. The Old Court house was opened for business in April 1900, after replacing an earlier wooden structure which was built in 1859. The laying of the foundation stone for the Court house was on 4th October 1899 by M.J.S Gair, then Member of the legislative assembly.
The building was constructed by Swanson Brothers contractors at a budget of £1800. The court house by design was not facing the main street and the high elongated hexagonal shaped court room shares the design with some of the other court houses built at that period. A modern building was built in Jika street to replace this Courthouse in the 1960s.
Address: Corner Jika Street and Park Lane