Opened in 1891, then known as Kerri’s Bridge, Chinaman’s Bridge near Nagambie is one of Victoria’s oldest surviving timber road bridges. The bridge which spans Goulburn River was designed by Goulburn Shire Council Engineer and was constructed by contractor JB Parkinson at a cost of £4188 3s 6d. Originally the bridge connected Nagambie – Heathcote Road across Goulburn River. The Nagambie – Heathcote Road was realigned on to a new replacement bridge in 1989, and the Chinaman’s Bridge was closed to traffic and pedestrians.
The area near the bridge was once populated with Chinese vegetable market gardeners and the Nagambie – Heathcote Road was known as Chinamans Road. Eventually the bridge came to be known as Chinaman’s Bridge. The bridge is a strutted-stringer bridge. The bridge included a lift span to enable sawmill steamer passed through the bridge six times a week during the 1890s.