Bundoora Park is a 180-hectare parkland set in natural bushland beside the Darebin Creek and rising to Mount Cooper. Bundoora park and farm is one of the best places in Melbourne to get farm experience and is situated just 16km from the Melbourne CBD at the Northern Suburb of Bundoora. Here both children adults can pat and feed animals and take a tractor ride through the wild life reserve. This also serves as an informative and educational opportunity for young children in a fun and play environment. The activities at the farm includes Wildlife Rides, Animal Feeding, Rabbit and Guinea Pig Handling, Milking Demonstration and Chicken roundup, at designated times. Check the Farm website for the timings. Apart from farm animals like goat, pigs, alpacas, chicken and cow, the farm also has emus, horses and Kangaroos.
The rabbit and Guinea pig enclosure is one of the favourite places for children as they can pick up and pat the animals. The farm also has playgrounds designed for children. There is a heritage village at the farm which displays farm buildings dating back to early 19th century and is an excellent monument for the pioneering spirit of the early settlers. The heritage area includes Weaving Studio, Blacksmith Barn, Steam and Stationary Engine Shed, Printing Press and a Chapel.
The Farm also offers a range of party and function options like birthday parties, social gatherings or family reunions. Advance bookings can be made for these functions through the farm website. The farm also has a Café with both indoor and outdoor settings.
The Bundoora park is perfect for families to have a weekend getaway and have facilities for BBQ and picnic. Children’s playground will keep the children engaged while the adults can engage in a chit chat. There is a scenic drive which takes to the upper reaches of the park to see commanding views of the City and countryside. At 137.3 m above sea level, this is the highest point in inner metropolitan Melbourne. Not far from here is the Bundoora Homestead, a must visits heritage building.
Bundoora Park Golf Course is located in the parkland. Bundoora Saturday Market is organised close to Golf Course on first Saturday of every month from 8am to 1pm.
Address: Bundoora Park, 1069 Plenty Road, Bundoora, VIC 3083
Melways Reference: Map 19 F4
Bundoora Park Farm open from 10am – 4.30pm daily – Closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day
Activities you can partake
1. At the farm you can feed and cuddle the animals, take a ride of discovery through the reserve, Join the milking demonstration or stroll through the village to experience the atmosphere of early settlement
2. Bundoora Park Farm offers a range of party and function options – birthday party, social gathering or family reunion. The park has facilities for holding various functions.
3. Bundoora Park Farm offers an authentic Heritage chapel, circa 1920s, for your wedding or naming ceremony. It caters for all denominations. Visit the website http://www.bundoorapark.com.au for details.
4. The Bundoora Park is free to use and has BBQ facilities, Picnic shelters and playgrounds for children. Best for family picnic or friendly get-togethers as children will amuse themselves.
5. There is a picturesque public golf course.
6. This park is good for bird watching.
7. At Mount Cooper – The highest point in Melbourne Metropolitan area, you can have an eyeful view of the surrounding areas.
8. Bundoora park also has a Saturday Farmers Market on the first Saturday of the month.
9. Bundoora Homestead is just five minutes away. https://tomelbourne.com.au/bundoora-homestead/
10. This is a great place for an School Excursion
For discussion forum on Bundoora Park and The Cooper’s Settlement Click the link Below. Please share your experiences